Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jboss Products, work all together like a charm.

Jboss, RedHat's Java development division was always known and famous,
Mainly by its great JBOSS Application Server,


When I have completed some of Velo(http://velo.safehaus.org) designs, I had to pick the right technology platform for the practical programming side,

I won't get into details here why I have chosen only to considerate on open source solutions as by itself is a big matter,

I have decided to make this post because I was amazed, as a developer to see how Jboss products work together,


I don't know many companies that provides all required facilities for developers that just works so well,


As a prove, you can take a look at Velo code (as it's completed open sourced),


In short, Velo make a heavy use of the following Jboss products:

- Jboss AS - as Java EE application server.
- Hibernate - as a JPA implementation.
- Seam - as a context management.
- Richfaces - For the visual web components.
- Drools - For its rule engine.
- JBPM - For workflow processes.


The most amazing part in my opinion is that my life became very simple when I had to integrate all of these products in one environment.

You can check it out at http://jboss.org for more details or just browse Velo code to see a real implementation, and believe me, it just works :-)


Asaf.

No comments: